POS Research: On-Site with the Consumer.
Especially in the area of FMCGs spontaneous impulse purchases are becoming increasingly important. Purchase decisions are becoming increasingly rare planned in advance but are taken rather spontaneously at the POS. As a result consumers are influenced all the more by the store atmosphere, product range, brands and product presentation. The proportion of so-called “in-store decisions” is 40 to 70 percent today, depending on the product group.
Today success or failure is determined more and more often at the POS. In order to successfully attract attention in the competitive environment at the point of sale a consistent implementation of the POS strategy is an essential success factor.
With our POS tools, we help make you to optimize your brand, product range alignment and representation to ensure a targeted addressing of customers.
- How eye-catching is your presence at the point of sale?
- How can the product positioning at the POS be optimized?
- How strong is your brand or product perceived in the competitive environment of the point of sale?
- Are important (brand) elements communicated sufficiently strong?
- How can attention at the POS be directed more strongly on certain areas?
- Classic POS surveys (“exit interviews”):: Consumers are asked directly after their purchase at the point of sale regarding relevant characteristics (e.g. purchase decision and justification, brand and product awareness).
- The use of Eye Tracking allows us to collect objective information about attention and perceptual processes. Thus we can determine exactly what information interests your customers. So lässt sich genau feststellen, welche Informationen das Interesse Ihrer Kunden wecken.
- We accompany potential customers during their purchase to uncover important factors influencing the buying decisions while shopping. Switching between observation and survey, the method of “loud thinking” is used where consumers verbalize their thoughts while shopping.
With a suitable combination of our POS tools we give you insights into habitual and unconscious acts and processes during shopping.
Depending on the question we discuss the ideal combination of our POS tools together with you, to make a comprehensive analysis of your POS presentation and to derive concrete recommendations for action with the involvement of all relevant groups.