Eye Tracking: Seeing through the eyes of the consumer
Subjective information processing is done mostly on a subconscious level. Particularly the influence of visual effects plays a vital role that classical market research approaches frequently neglect to consider. Although you can find out what information respondents remember by watching and interviewing them. But you gain very little insight about which particular elements of a remembered stimulus played a vital role for the recall and which elements were probably ignored altogether.
With the help of Eye Tracking it is possible to gain objective data about the mostly subconscious activities of perception, attention and information processing. This data can be combined with data from classic approaches like observation and interviews to facilitate a complete interpretation with recommendations for action.
Whether you want to test billboards, print media or your POS appearance: Our mobile Eye Tracking equipment records precisely what information attracts the attention of your customers. You can see through the eyes of the consumer!
Eye Tracking measures on the hundredth second precisely how strong the communicative power of a particular stimulus is:
- Capture of fixation & observation: What does the respondent see?
- Measurement of duration of view: How long does the consumer look at something?
- Measurement of attention getter: What does the consumer see first? What element is the eye catcher?
- Recording of observation process: In what sequence do consumers look at different elements?
- Recording of change of looks: How often do respondents switch their look at different elements / areas?
WE USE EYETRACKING FOREMOST IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
Evaluation and improvement of advertisement media:
Billboards & print media are evaluated and improved in regards to their communicative power (e.g. layout of elements, headlines, logos, claims, texts, visual elements etc.):
- How eye-catchy is your POS appearance?
- How strong is the impact of your brand compare to the competitive set at the POS?
- Are important elements of the brand communicated strongly enough? Which elements are eye-catchy?
- How can the positioning of the product be improved?
- How can shopper attention at the POS be directed stronger towards intended areas?
OUR SERVICES & YOUR RESULT
Our Eye Tracking report is intended to give you recommendations for action. Of course, this is all done in close coordination with you. The following analyses form the basis of our report:
- Presentation share, duration and frequency of attention
- Presentation of heat map and tracking of looks
- Identification of eye catching elements
- Practical recommendations for improvements and action
Depending on the questions you have we work with you to find the ideal combination of Eye Tracking and other classic observation and interviewing tools to make your campaigns and POS appearance even more effective.